Passionate and results-driven insurance professional, Alina Corbeanu demonstrated a history of successful coaching and performance management in a high-paced environment. Born and raised in Moldova, she never gave up to her dream to become a business woman. After 15 years of studies and work in US, she is happy to lead now her own Farmers Insurance Agency.
It all started with my first investment back in fourth grade, when I decided to learn English as my third language, with a dream to speak English like an American, to act like an American, and to be part of the “Land of the free and the home of the brave”. Thankfully, although living in one of the poorest former Soviet Union countries-Moldova, we still had English teachers.
Although it took many hours of English words repetition for encoding in my long-term memory, I didn’t give up and my efforts paid off when I was chosen to be one of the thirty-five finalists of a cultural exchange program funded by the U.S. Federal Government/Flex Freedom Support Act Program.
During my stay, I had the opportunity to do observational learning from the most amazing host parents – Denis and Jodi Clark of Redmond, Oregon. In my opinion, they symbolize the true “Americans”. My host parents inspired me to be strong, to believe in democracy and the freedom of speech; they encouraged my independent thinking and reinforced my ambitions to get educated, so I can have a solid career.
Today, I am very proud to call myself an “American”. I still cannot believe that my dream became true! I moved here in 2004 where I raise a family, I have a Master in Human Resources and have been blessed to have an amazing career with Farmers Insurance.
This past July marks my 12th year with Farmers Insurance Group of companies. It all started in 2007, when Jason Ortega Agency of San Clemente, CA took a chance on me. Jason and Janie (his mom) taught me so much about the insurance industry, the importance of field underwriting, the importance of understanding coverage and educating our customers, the variety of products offered, the record-keeping best practices, the claims process best practices, etc.
After 6 years with Jason, I was fortunate to get an opportunity to work for Scott Rittichier District Office. It was my dream to be part of the district since I was hearing Janie’s inspiring stories from 18 years of memories at the District office. The experience of a consultant and now a Farmers Business owner since I started my own agency in November of 2018), helped me discover three important things:
1) “Fortune is in the follow up.” Weather we follow up with a new business lead, follow up with an existing customer on another line of product (Life, Umbrella, Specialty, etc.), being consistent and persistent is the absolute key in this business.
2) “There is no roadblock, along the extra mile.” There are so many Farmers Insurance Agents in Orange County. Therefore, it is imperative to take the “extra mile”, to show that you are unique from other agents. Consistent Social Media posts, personal videos, community involvement, pro-active communication with my customers and “being available” are things that make me different from others.
3) “Together Everyone Achieves More. “I have always been a team-player and the harmonizer in any group I’ve been part of. Now, that I have my own agency, I feel that I am a part of every single policy holder’s livelihood and I want to make that experience – simply exceptional!
Being a Farmers Business Owner allows me to be a source of inspiration within my community. My goal is to educate my customers about the importance of having proper coverage; to make a difference in their lives, by providing family protection; to promote understanding of possible gaps in their coverage, and to offer appropriate solutions. As Nelson Mandela once stated,” Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”.
The Alina Corbeanu Insurance Agency is a place where the genuine care and support of our customers is our highest mission. We pledge to provide the finest personal service to our customers, a focused approach based on individual needs, and a well-rounded and educated insurance consultation.
The Alina Corbeanu Insurance Agency experience instills well-being, fulfills customers’ needs, identifies gaps in coverage, and offers solutions based on an individualized approach.
Each Team Member of the Alina Corbeanu Insurance Agency will pledge to the 12 Service Values listed below:
1.I build strong relationships and create Farmers customers for life.
2. I am always responsive to the expressed and unexpressed needs of our customers.
3. I am empowered to create unique, positive, and memorable experiences for our customers.
4. I understand my role in achieving the Key Performance Indicators, embracing Community Footprint, understating the value of the NPS score.
5. I continuously seek opportunities to innovate and improve Farmers Insurance experience.
6. I own and immediately resolve customers problems.
7. I create a work environment of teamwork and lateral service so that the needs of our customers and each other are met.
8. I have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow.
9. I am involved in the planning of the work that affects me.
10. I am proud of my professional appearance, language and behavior.
11. I protect the privacy and security of our customers, my fellow employees and the company’s and agency’s confidential information.
12. I will always input accurate information in the system and ask appropriate questions to uncover accuracy.